- Let’s meet you sooner than later, please complete our Pitch Submission Form. We look to respond within 2-3 days. For standout cases, we can invest within 1 week.
- We are investing out of our second fund, with initial check sizes ranging between $500K to $1.5M depending on your stage.
- Match-Up is comprised of an institutional investment evaluation process and showcase. All showcases will have received an investment or term sheet from LAT VC.
- LAT VC invests throughout the year. All new or potential portfolio companies will showcase at Match-Up.
Our investment criteria are consistent with our mission to catalyze the growth and success of US Latino entrepreneurs, close funding shortfalls at the early yet critical stages of development, and, thereby, reduce disparities in income while advancing job creation, wealth generation, educational attainment, and economic progress for all Americans.
Overall, we try to work quickly as we appreciate the limited time of entrepreneurs.
Stage 1: Initial screen
- We fully review your materials and validate your runway and ability to scale.
- Our goal is to respond to initial screening within 2-3 days. For standout cases, we can complete our entire process and invest within a week.
Stage 2: Extended review
- Before formally meeting you, we get smart on your business and industry, and we leverage our network of experts and investors to address key questions.
- We then have a formal meeting where we get to know your team and assess where we can help. We also address open questions related to your business.
Stage 3: Comprehensive due diligence
- We fully validate and expand our assessment and agree on investment terms (term sheet).
Stage 4: Match-Up competition & investment
- We help you prepare for the competition.
- All competitors will receive investment terms before competing.
- Upon completion of the showcase and competition, pending investments (those with term sheets) are closed and wires are sent within a week, if not immediately.