L'ATTITUDE, the event, is an unequaled convergence of global leaders and investors.
- In 2018, Sol Trujillo and Gary Acosta founded L’ATTITUDE a powerful magnet that attracts major corporations, institutional investors, industry experts, political leaders, as well as local and national media outlets.
- 2020 reach in the numbers:
- 6,700 Registrants
- 1M+ TV Viewers (est.)
- 87 Media Features
- 59 Media Outlets
- 254M Media Impressions
- 1.9M Readers of WSJ/Barron’s ADS
- 51.1M Social Media Reach
- The event spans four days with live interaction, entertainment, and
highly-curated discussions that emphasize how US Latinos are reshaping
entrepreneurship and the US consumer market.
- L’ATTITUDE attracts some of the most recognizable global corporate leaders who
understand the critical role US Latinos will play in both the rebound and future
growth of the US economy.
- Past speakers include:
Marc Benioff (CEO, Salesforce)
Joe Biden (US President)
Brian Boynihan (CEO, Bank of America)
Michael Corbat (Former CEO, Citi)
Roger Crandall (Mass Mutual)
Mary Dillon (CEO, Ulta)
John Donahoe (CEO, Nike)
Larry Fink (CEO, BlackRock)
John Furner (CEO, Walmart)
Pat Grady (Partner, Sequoia)
Dara Khosrowshahi (CEO, Uber)
Catherine Cortez Masto (US Senator – VN)
Oscar Munoz (Executive Chairman,
Arnie Sorenson (Former CEO, Marriott)
Hans Vestberg (CEO, Verizon)
- Let’s meet you sooner than later, please complete our Pitch Submission Form. We look to respond within 2-3 days. For standout cases, we can invest within 1 week.
- We are investing out of our second fund, with initial check sizes ranging between $500K to $1.5M depending on your stage.
- Match-Up is comprised of an institutional investment evaluation process and showcase. All showcases will have received an investment or term sheet from LAT VC.
- LAT VC invests throughout the year. All new or potential portfolio companies will showcase at Match-Up.
Our investment criteria are consistent with our mission to catalyze the growth and success of US Latino entrepreneurs, close funding shortfalls at the early yet critical stages of development, and, thereby, reduce disparities in income while advancing job creation, wealth generation, educational attainment, and economic progress for all Americans.
US Latino founder or C-Suite executive
Collective ownership by Latinos above 25%.
C-Suite executives should have at least 10% ownership.
US organized/incorporated with significant US leadership, operations/presence (i.e. HQ, employees, etc.), and impact.
Sales and end-markets can be global.
Seed to Series A, or raising capital for the first time.
If Series A, must be generating notable revenues.
Technology is either the product or core to the business.
Ability to Scale
Differentiated and competitive product, in a large market, led by a scale-capable team.
The Match-up process is core to our mission of elevating the profiles of Latino entrepreneurs.
If selected, entrepreneurs must participate in Match-Up at L’ATTITUDE.
Positively affecting areas such as Workforce Development, Healthy Communities, Educational Attainment, and Financial Advancement, among others.
Overall, we try to work quickly as we appreciate the limited time of entrepreneurs.
Stage 1: Initial screen
- We fully review your materials and validate your runway and ability to scale.
- Our goal is to respond to initial screening within 2-3 days. For standout cases, we can complete our entire process and invest within a week.
Stage 2: Extended review
- Before formally meeting you, we get smart on your business and industry, and we leverage our network of experts and investors to address key questions.
- We then have a formal meeting where we get to know your team and assess where we can help. We also address open questions related to your business.
Stage 3: Comprehensive due diligence
- We fully validate and expand our assessment and agree on investment terms (term sheet).
Stage 4: Match-Up competition & investment
- We help you prepare for the competition.
- All competitors will receive investment terms before competing.
- Upon completion of the showcase and competition, pending investments (those with term sheets) are closed and wires are sent within a week, if not immediately.